Friday, July 8, 2011

Submissions for Freebie Friday (Jul 15) Feature

Add your book to the comment thread here to get featured next week!

To participate, you simply need to have a book that is, well, free (for Friday only or for any length of time that includes Friday, July 15th) on a web site somewhere my readers can click through to and see it (no walled gardens like the Apple Store pls)

Also, your book must be a completed work (no WIPs or partials please) and you must be the copyright owner to submit it. Any genre--including anthologies and poetry--is okay to submit. To participate, just post a comment and provide me with your:

  1. book's title and your author/pen name
  2. book's genre
  3. book's approximate word count
  4. URL to the book's page
Basically just giving me the Smashwords URL (assuming it's on SW) will allow me to go get the data all by myself (as well as the book's  thumbnail image and a description), so provide the book page you feel is "ready for prime time" viewing.

If you'd like to make it a clickable link (please do!) just go ahead and type out the HTML for a link in your comment. (Click here for the W3C's read on how to create a link in HTML). Blogger will convert your HTML to a clickable link after your comment is posted.

Please only use one link per comment or you'll trigger the SPAM filter but you can make the link to your book page clickable here if you'd like (then the search engine spiders will crawl to it next time they index my blog, which should be daily since it's syndicated on Networked Blogs and available on KindleBlogs)

10 comments:

The Trouble With Green said...

The full-length romantic suspense novel The Trouble With Green is free this month in honor of the release of my latest book, Retreat. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/43975

WebbieGrrl Writer said...

Thanks, Liv! Will add you onto the next promo!

Shane said...

Unconditional by Shannon DuBey can be found HERE on Smashwords. It fits many categories but is currently listed in Gay/Lesbian Fiction. Don't let that fool you into thinking you won't get anything out of reading it if generally don't read books from that genre!

WebbieGrrl Writer said...

Thanks, Shane! Will add you to the next promo. Despite the "classification," your description appears to make it a "coming of age" story. Is it a Young Adult (YA) fiction or more of a memoir (whether auto-biographical or "based on" your real life)?

I ask because (a) you said it's not what it seems, so I looked :) and (b) I don't want to promote it as something it's not or it feels like a bait-and-switch to readers who click through (not good for anyone).

Shane said...

It is most definitely a coming of age story and while there are some parallels to my own history, I would never consider it to be a memoir either "based on" my experience or auto-biographical in nature.
It is true that one of the main themes in the story, the friendship between Kerry and Shane was based on a couple of people in my past who played a role as significant to me as is portrayed in the story. However, beyond some character traits I transferred from real life to fiction, a few events in the story I pulled from my past and re-worked to fit the story, and the nickname of the main character as well as how it came to be, the story as written is 100% pure fiction.

Webbiegrrl Writer said...

Shane, LOL!! Sure sounds like a "based on' when you list all that out that way *grin* but okay, I'll describe it as a "coming of age" story because really, that's how it seemed to sound from the description and my glance/skim of the first few pages of the sample. Thanks for clarification. I prefer to ask rather than to ASS-U-ME anything :)

frejus said...

Here comes another one - free till the end of July - Lakeland Hunting Memories: Volume One. Hope you enjoy it - about to start working on the next volume. Thanks for making this available to us.

Webbiegrrl Writer said...

Thank you, Wendy, for participating! It's a win/win/win. I get "free" content for my blog, authors get "free" advertising and readers get "free reads."

I could say we all get what we paid for but I'm hoping it's a bit more than that *LOL* Strength in numbers. You just have to be sure to shamelessly promote the link to the blog this Friday, Digg it, StumbleUpon it, Tweet it (or RT mine when Networked Blogs feeds a link through to @webbiegrrl). Oh, and of course, post it to the Smashwords FB page.

Your link actually was broken but I think I figured it out. Is this the right page?

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/64826?ref=WendyFraser

And you'll be happy to know you are my very first non-fiction book! Yay!

frejus said...

Wonderful, thank you for sorting out the broken link. I'll have to improve my html, won't I?

Wendy

Webbiegrrl Writer said...

It's okay, Wendy. You're writing words, not code, eh? Just be sure when you copy/paste in other places to check it. I'm compulsive but I was a web developer and IT manager for years before I quit to be a writer. Most places that feature books don't bother clicking to test links provided by the author. It's all on us to check our own stuff. Just copy/paste the link text into a Notepad TXT file and then you don't have to type it all the time :) I keep a file full of links I use/post places on my desktop...I'm a lazy Webbiegrrl I am!

I am also posting this comment to say:

SUBMISSIONS FOR FRIDAY JULY 15 ARE NOW CLOSED