Saturday, November 12, 2011

SATURDAY SURPRISE #SciFi Snippet #ConditionedResponse Coming New Year's Eve!

I'm still working on Conditioned Response, Book 2 of the Phoenician Series, my SciFi Thriller series under the pen name Marjorie F. Baldwin (the "F" stands for "Friday"; yes, just like the Heinlein character!)

I'm getting really close to the end of the easy edits, which culminate in the death of a major character (which is also the climax of this book of the Phoenician Series) so it's getting to the point where I have to combine half of the next book with about 30,000 words at the end of this book.

Oh, and I only have about 20,000 words left in which to do it unless or until I can delete more words to make more room for newer, better words! ^_^ I definitely want to kill about 10,000-15,000 from the first third of the book anyway so that might work out--just need more time to do it!

Oh and on that subject, just to keep life interesting, I only have about 3 weeks left in which to do it, which really amounts to only 4-6 days between now and mid-December since I only get 1-2 days a week (part of Friday and most of Saturday) when I can write. The rest of the time I'm either creating these blogs for you or working the day job. Or trying to keep the email and Twitter and Goodreads and Facebook and everything else under control through daily maintenance.

I'm not complaining just explaining why I haven't been cartooning Dicky (he still lacks a proper left hand or any right hand, proper or otherwise); and haven't been posting much of anything else but SciFi snippets on Saturdays. Nor will I again until after New Year's.

The release date for Conditioned Response is December 31, 2011. I don't know if I'll make it but I'm going to try. Until around Thanksgiving weekend (about 2 weeks from now) you can read sample chapters of the book on the Authonomy web site. If you'd like to give comments, you need to register. If you just want to read the pre-release edition of the book, you can do so free of charge and without registering. Click here to get started.

Enjoy!


Nov 29 Update: Just had to note I had 2 days off over Thanksgiving to devote to the cover art and through a thread or three on Goodreads, and posting the artwork on DeviantArt, I managed to update the image to near-final form. I like the new version and can use it, in a pinch, but might have to change the foreground into less "cloned rocky mesa" and more "hot, sandy plains." But I think the latest image is starting to look nicely-professional--thanks to all the fans and colleagues who chimed in on the various threads for helping to make it the best it could be!

No comments: