Entirely by accident, I started writing a series of Tuesday Tips on the topic of Twitter. I've run through how to use some basic tools, discussed a bit of the philosophy for approaching the media and gone through a little social networking netiquette lesson for authors who are more accustomed to phones and facetime (not the iPhone app, actual facetime, as in face-to-face meetings).
I'll end the series with more a sophisticated level of twitter account management and advanced-level tools but I figured it was time to admit this is a series and make a page for collecting the posts together in a cohesive fashion.
Please note that none of the posts in this series will discuss any specific activity, process or "magic bullet" for increasing the number of your Twitter followers. I'm not advising anyone on how to "make money fast!" or "get more twitter followers in 3 easy steps!" Nope, just trying to help you learn how to use Twitter more effectively (and maybe more efficiently, as well) so you can enjoy it more than working at it.
I'll add to the list if and as the Tuesday Tips cover more Twips ^_^ That's Twitter Tips, not to be confused with Tweeps (Twitter peeps).
- Twitter Basics: 3 Tools You Need to Master
- Twitter Authenticity: Where to Draw the Lines
- Twitter Equity: Increasing the Value of Your Twitterstream
- Managing Your Twitter Community: Tools to Make Twitter Fun, not Work
- Mastering Twitterspeak: The Headline is the Story
- How @Toonopolis Got 3000 Followers Jeremy Rodden's Automation Tips + Secrets 4 Twitter Success
- Twitter Hashtagging: Part Deux More In-Depth Look at What a Hashtag is + How to Use One in a Writerly Way
- Twitter hashtagging: Part Trois: Hashtagging for Good Not Evil
- HootSuite: Even Chris Brogan's Tool of Choice Now
- Twitter Basics Revisited: 6 Tips for Bot-ability
- Hootsuite Publisher Fly-Through: Scheduling Your Tweets to Save Time
- Cleaning Up Your Twitterhouse: 3 Tools for Automatically Unfollowing Undesireables (and 1 Tool for Seeing Who's Unfollowing You!)
- Revisiting How to Write Promo Tweets (8 Headlines That Work)
- 3 Tips for Auto-Tweeting in Hootsuite Pro (using a free tool to help!)
You can subscribe to Webbiegrrl's Writings on KindleBlogs to get it delivered to your directly to your Kindle via WhisperNet. I don't get to set the price--Amazon controls that--so it's not free, but the cost was a neglible 99c a month last time I checked.
You can also choose a free option: subscribe via Networked Blogs to get it added to your Facebook stream or just join the site via Google to see new posts on your Google Homepage. I'm also tweeting links to the blog @webbiegrrl and posting them to the Webbiegrrl Facebook Fan Page.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think in the comments on any post.